Wednesday, August 8, 2012

New Plants

Do you like to try the newest and/or more unusual plants in your garden? At this year’s Farwest Show, one of the nursery industry’s largest wholesale trade shows (sorry, it’s not open to the public), 41 newer varieties will be on display. In some cases, you already might have seen these at specialty nurseries, but they should be new to garden centers beginning this fall through next spring.

I thought you might like a sneak peak (click here to see photos and descriptions). I’m looking forward to seeing the actual plants. While I shouldn’t play favorites, based on the information provided by the nurseries, breeders and plant marketing companies, in particular I’m looking forward to seeing the Regal Petticoat™ Sycamore Maple, Desert Eve™ Yarrow (I’ve never been much of a yarrow fan, but this yarrow series looks more compact with larger flower heads), Fire Spinner™ Ice Plant, Pistachio Hydrangea, BOBO™ Hydrangea, Raspberry Shortcake BrazelBerries™ (a compact raspberry), and Sunsparkler™ Dazzleberry Stonecrop. I wish the Pink-A-Boo® winter blooming fragrant camellia would be in bloom because I think I have just the spot for it, but, alas, it’s not meant to be.

Share your favorite(s).



No comments:

Post a Comment